Thursday, February 3, 2011

11:11

Okay, you ready for this?!  I want to know what everyone thinks of this and if it has happened to you or anyone you know.  Alright, pretty much everyday I see the same time on the clock. 11:11.  Night and/or day, don't matter. Sometimes I see it twice a day and others not at all.  This has been happening for about 2(ish) years.   Recently, I have been trying to figure out why. Why do I see it?!  Is someone or something trying to tell me something?  Or is it just a coincidence?  I still don't know the answer to this, but I do know this.... Before Ryan we had a transfer on 11/11 which resulted in a BFP and then ended with a BFN with an beta of 10.  With my first pregnancy I was due 2/11.  And, this time around If everything goes as planned my ER should be about Feb. 24th (Laurie's Birthday) this would make my first beta 3/11 and a due date in 11/11 (November 2011).  Even if my calculations are off a day or two, its okay because my due date will still be in November 2011.

I'm not sure if its a sign that everything will be okay and this time is just meant to be, or if I'm just crazy.  But, really I do see 11:11 almost everyday... I feel like it has to mean something.  So, I looked it up and I found several sites like The Spirit Library and this site about this topic, and there are so many more too.  Until I looked it up I never knew other people saw it, and I never know it was a "thing" at all. It's all very interesting.  Also, you'll read that the Spirit Guardians turn off street lights, well, that happens to me all the time too!  So, am I crazy?! What do you girls think about this phenomenon?

I want this next IVF to just work and of course I want to believe this all is a good sign. I'm nervous to believe or trust in anything.  Right now, I feel like I'm not going to 100% believe anything until I have an alive baby in my arms. Hopefully, this November I'll be able to look back at this post and see that it certainly did mean something after all. 

4 comments:

  1. I completely think you are NOT crazy! And I am even certified to determine craziness, LOL! I used to be a skeptic to the extreme, UNTIL fate took my logic elsewhere. Now I totally believe there are "signs" out there steering us, or supporting us, on our path. When Kris and I were on our 10th failed attempt with assisted conception we contemplated changing donors, but we just could not decide which one to go with because we so loved our first choice. We went to dinner one night with the sole purpose of discussing our next move and spent a good 2 hours going back and forth on whether to leave our first choice donor and go with our 2nd choice donor or start the process of adoption.....the check came and the bill total was an EXACT match to our 2nd choice donor's ID number! We laughed and said maybe we should not ignore an in your face sign like that and switched donors. Within 2 months we were pregnant with our little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started laughing out loud when I read the title of your post! I yelled for my wife and said, see I'm not the only one!!! This phenomenon started for me in Dec 2010...I would wake up at 1:11am for nights in a row.. the number 11 has been showing up over and over each day - I looked it up online to see what it might mean and the website: http://www.whats-your-sign.com/spiritualmeaningofnumbereleven.html
    was very good! The DVD will stop on 1:11 or 11:11, I see the number everywhere now. In numerology the number 11 represents:

    Higher ideals
    Invention
    Refinement
    Congruency
    Balance
    Fulfillment
    Vision

    The 11 carries a vibrational frequency of balance. It represents male and female equality. It contains both sun energy and moon energy simultaneously yet holding them both in perspective separate-ness. Perfect balance.

    Consequently, constant reoccurances of number 11 in our lives often signal us to be aware of our balance:


    Balance emotion, thought and spirit
    Balance of masculine and feminine aspects
    Balance of work and play

    My wife has also started seeing the number 11 too - we will be doing our 1st round of IVF in April/May so I'm sure it is a sign to maintain our balance! :) Thanks for sharing your post - now I know I'm not crazy either! Wren

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD!!! I am the EXACT same way! Tiff makes fun of me because I am always saying, "it is 11:11 (am or pm)." I feel like you all are my sista-friends out there!!!!!!! I have been doing this for about 3-4 years, almost every day! Totally crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that there are other people who notice it too!! I though I was the only one!! Well, I'm glad I'm not!! =)

    ReplyDelete