Monday, June 27, 2011

19 weeks!

Okay, I have a lot to report on. Sorry in advance for the multi-topic long post...

First, lets start with the good... Our anatomy scan went perfect! Here are some stats...

Baby A
Measuring: 20 weeks (a week ahead!!)
Approx. weight: 12 oz.
HR: 140bpm
10 fingers and 10 toes: check!
All organs, vessels, heart chambers, brain hemispheres were accounted for and working.



Baby B
Measuring: 20 Weeks
Approx. weight: 12 oz.
HR: 141
10 fingers and 10 toes: check!
All organs, vessels, heart chambers, brain hemispheres were accounted for and working.

We actually had the same sono tech as last time, only this time she was much better.  She didn't rush it though or make weird faces and rude comments.  She was very pleasant, oddly enough.  She must of had a bad day when we were there last.  Who knows.  We also had a appointment with the high risk Dr. that the midwives consult with.  That also went perfectly well.  He said it was perfectly fine that I stay with the midwives, but he is going to suggest that I get cervical checks starting at 24-26 weeks.  Right now, my cervix is perfectly fine, and I hope it stays that way. 

Now, for the not so good.  Friday awhile I was at work I had a little episode of  "pregnancy induced palpitations".  I was eating cornflakes ( i know... exciting!) and all of a sudden I could feel my heart beating in my toes.  My heart rate was in the 160's and blood pressure was 180/110.  Not good!  Not good at all.  I was rushed to the ER (good thing I work in a hospital) and was giving an EKG (came back perfect), blood work and other tests to rule out PE (pulmonary embolism/ blood clot in the lungs).  I had a bilateral leg sonogram and chest cat scan.  Thank goodness everything came back completely normal.  The only abnormal thing was my magnesium and potassium were low.  I was given supplements for both and after 7 hours of being in the ER was sent home.  The next morning I had met with the midwives and everything again checked out perfect. Blood pressure was 117/74 (back to normal! yay!).  They are marking the entire thing  up as pregnancy induced palpitations.  I'm just glad it was not a PE or anything bad that could harm the babies. 

Well, that is all the exciting news around here.  Mama and babies are doing perfectly well right now.  I am going to leave you with some pictures of the kiddies...

                                                                       Baby B Profile

                                                                 Baby A profile

Just as a funny side note:  At one point during the sono baby B had his/her butt in baby A's face.  Sounds like something boys would do...  (No, we did not find out!)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad everything is ok now. Yayy babies! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I hope it doesn't happen again. Eeep!

    Gorgeous pics, there. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. woohoo!
    Heather: "I have babies in my belly"
    Jonathan: "Can I see?"
    Heather: "Sure, come here."
    Jonathan: "Ok, open your mouth!"

    *You have babies in your belly!*
    PRICELESS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank god everything is alright. Cute pictures :) Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete